Friday, October 3, 2008

una pausa

and an update...By the time I arrived in Palermo, I was dead tired, slightly wrinkled but very excited and met Sato and Kammalish of Australia while boarding the flight from Rome to Palermo..Annette found us and managed to get us to Cefalu' and into our apartments with about 5 minutes before our first dinner meeting at Piazza Duomo.....today is day 3.. have already had 1 day or workshop, 1 day excursion to Monreale and today is our 2nd workshop and lecture. The food and wine has been coming fast and furious.....never a hungry moment...am missing the "I'm hungry feeling" ..Tonight is Sicilian night at a local farmhouse...should be very interesting...The workshp is very intense and Martin is paying close attention to our work and providing good guidance and direction to all. While in studio we are being interrupted by a constant flow of the curious...due to the the sign out front reading "Mosaic workshop". I have been taking losts of pics and will post photos later....am enjoying immensely my new Canon Rebel XT....OK gotta run have lots to do on my mosaic before we leave.I am using some titanium tesserae from Murano.. really nice....ciao....apresto.

5 comments:

tiffanie said...

WOW, a blog? I'm impressed ☺ Please *do* extend your trip, as you only live once. Say hello to Frankie for me.

tiffanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I have a Canon Rebel XTi as well! And I am so happy for you to be in Italy. But I am SO jealous! Make sure you take lots of pictures. Ci vediamo piu tardi! ciao ciao...

tiffanie said...

wow... you have a blog! I'm impressed. Say hello to Frankie for me, and please do extend your stay. Life is too short!

hiatus said...

OK, if you were really at the workshop, where are the pictures of the art?
Dont be shy, share your art, and your great pictures.
And this beats a postcard in the mail,(since mine hasnt arrived as of yet).