Monday, October 6, 2008

LUNEDI

ok, so my plan to post regularly is impossible and not due to the massive amounts of Nero'd'Avola we have a lunch and dinner...Saturday a field trip to Villa Romano del Casale...much of it was closed due to restoration...and you don't want to get me started on the method..Mio Dio!! It was good to see them again in anycase and just as I passed the ticket booth a call from Toto'..what timing..he came by and chatted a bit..then recommended a fabulous restaurant in Piazza Armerina...Garibaldi's..the entire group plus our driver had an incredible meal and truly as good as it gets! More about Toto' later....OK, back to Cefalu' through the center of Sicily and the amazing rock formations that seem a mile high...via viadotti and countless gallerie (Tunnels) to a huge storm on the sea that had waves crashing against the rocks ..think Maverick's surf spot! I was able to watch the storm from my apartment window that overlooks the sea...and saw the waves take away most of 2 dining decks! A spectacular storm without any rain, thunder or lightening...just the roiling waves...yesterday was a studio day and we all worked hard..then to Peters apt for a nice lunch of prosciutto and melone and penne arabiata..do I need to mention the wine??
back to studio then obligatory gelato e caffe..After dinner we played Martin's word game (an Anagram\Scrabble combination he made up) It was rumoured that no one had beat him before...but I did!! poor bruised ego...but he recovered and vowed a play off tonight.I won with the word "yonic"...yeah, go look it up. :-) Today is a field trip to Palermo,to see Cappella Palatina and Morganata..I stayed back to work on my mosaic as I have seen the sights a couple of times and have so much left to do ...tomorrow is the last workshop day, and we will finish up, have a final crit, a group of students tour the studio plus a visit from the Mayor! After this I am on to Taormina for a meet up with Sebastiano....and of course the famous architect...Francesco Cavallaro..ok ciao for now..and i promise,,pics soon!

1 comment:

tiffanie said...

hey... i just figured it out... this is your way to get out of writing postcards, isn't it?? ☺